INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) – On Friday, the much-anticipated Indiana State Fair begins. The taxable is celebrating the Hoosier spirit. The gates unfastened astatine 6:30 a.m. for the opening ceremony.
The just offers food, animals, music, rides and everything Indiana.
There are immoderate caller attractions this twelvemonth similar carnal yoga, a bubble tower, backyard brats and brews and astir 46 rides successful the Midway.
The just runs from July 30 until Aug. 22. It’s unfastened connected Wednesday done Sunday and is closed connected Mondays and Tuesdays for other cleanup. Tickets outgo $13, however, children nether 5 are free.
On Friday, July 30, things commencement aboriginal astatine 6:30 a.m. However, typically, gates volition unfastened astatine 9 a.m.
“We are truthful excited to invited Hoosiers backmost to the large Indiana State Fair. It’s our 164th Indiana State Fair,” said Sharon Smith, the communications manager astatine the Indiana State Fairgrounds.
There are besides COVID-19 precautions successful spot for anyone visiting the Indiana State Fair.
Masks are not required for fully vaccinated individuals, including guests, staff, vendors and contractors. If you are not vaccinated, each guests are encouraged to deterioration a disguise and to travel CDC guidelines regarding whether and erstwhile wearing a look covering is warranted.
Additional COVID-19 measures implemented astatine the 2021 Indiana State Fair:
- Expanded Fair dates to dispersed retired crowds crossed an further weekend
- Closing Mondays and Tuesdays to let for a refresh of campus
- Vaccinations volition beryllium disposable regular astatine the Indiana State Fair
- Eliminated parkland & thrust shuttle
- Food work utensils and condiments individually packaged
- Hand sanitizing packets disposable for each guests upon entry
- Contactless introduction volition beryllium disposable and encouraged.
- Tractor shuttles volition beryllium escaped to guarantee the contactless experience
- Deploying 500+ manus sanitizing and handwashing stations astir Fairgrounds
All guests volition beryllium reminded of COVID-19 measures and expectations successful pre-event connection and PA announcements. All guests are encouraged to travel steadfast behaviors to champion support themselves, including:
- Stay location if you are sick, oregon are exhibiting immoderate of the pursuing symptoms, including cough, shortness of breath, fever, chills, musculus symptom oregon sore throat.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water.
- Avoid adjacent interaction with radical who are sick.
- Cover your rima and chemoreceptor with a cloth look screen erstwhile astir others.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a insubstantial and dispose of utilized tissues successful the trash.
- Follow CDC guidelines regarding wearing masks. Hand sanitizer packets are disposable to the nationalist astatine introduction gates and accusation booths.
- Visit the IU Health Vaccination Station wrong the Hoosier Lottery Expo Hall to get our Pfizer oregon J&J COVID vaccine. Ages 12+.
There are a fig of options erstwhile it comes to parking astatine the Indiana State Fair, including:
Fairgrounds parking is $10 per vehicle. Available parking areas are located successful the Fairgrounds Infield, South Lot (38th Street) and astatine the Indiana School for the Deaf (42nd Street), portion abstraction is available.
Any conveyance not parked successful a designated parking country oregon blocking postulation is taxable to towing.
Accessible parking tin beryllium recovered successful the southwest country of the infield adjacent to the ADA accessible locomotion passageway and the South Lot.
State Fair E-Z Park, these $10 tons are located southbound of 38th Street (the South Lot) crossed from the Main Gate and astatine the Indiana School for the Deaf connected 42nd Street.
For directions to the South 38th Street Lot, click here.
Click Here for directions to the Indiana School for the Deaf Lot. The Indiana School for the Deaf Parking Lot hours are arsenic follows:
- 6 a.m.- 9 p.m. Friday, Saturday, Sunday
- 9 a.m.- 8 p.m. Wednesday & Thursday
Hours for the South Lot Parking Lot are:
- Closed on Wednesdays and Fridays, excluding Aug. 6
- Opens astatine 2 p.m. connected Thursdays
- Saturday and Sunday: 6 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Accessible parking for persons with disabilities tin beryllium recovered and successful the Infield and the South Lot (entrance for South Lot is connected 38th Street)
Pedal & Park
Save $1 disconnected Fair admittance erstwhile you thrust your bicycle to the State Fair and usage 1 of the escaped secured bicycle racks disposable disconnected the Monon Trail northbound of 38th Street and the caller determination astatine Fall Creek Parkway and 39th Street.
Available Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., oregon 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. Thursdays and Saturdays.
IndyGo Public Transportation
IndyGo Routes 4 and 39 volition bring you conscionable steps distant from the Indiana State Fairgrounds’ main entranceway connected 38th Street. Fare is $1.75 per thrust oregon $4 for an all-day pass.
Youth 18 and nether and radical 65 and older are eligible for a reduced fare with due ID. Plan your nationalist transit travel to the fair, by clicking here.
© 2021 Circle City Broadcasting I, LLC. | All Rights Reserved.